Sunday, June 24, 2007

Messing with RSS (Bloglines)

I entered Bloglines and set up an account, which was really easy.

They listed information categories and requested preferences. I chose only from the left column and indicated books and science.

I checked each of the categories that I had chosen and the 1 category that was chosen for me. I then proceeded to edit the ones that I didn't feel were really beneficial, including the one the site chose for me.

Now I have a reasonable 3 categories. However, this may prove to be far too many categories to "keep on top of", so I may be revising in the near future.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Your comments on the previous post are still disabled, Sue, but I thought it would be very exciting to see a Flickr slideshow of the baby rats as they grow up. I'm sure there will be more litters, so it could be a cool project for a student, taking a picture every other day or so to track their growth and then putting them all in a Flickr slideshow to share with us all.

I agree that not all of these tools are equally enticing, but the more I think about it, the more I come up with interesting ways I could use them.

Sue Oliver said...

Karen,

The problem with the comments was finally solved. The problem was with post options, not settings (as I originally thought).

I have taken more photos of the pups, and may try the Flickr slide show.

Our facility protocol and IACUC regulations strictly limit access to the lab for health and safety concerns.

Students, unless they are the two student workers, are not allowed in the vivarium.

The health and safety are in reference to the animals, not the students.

Anonymous said...

you have a rapid server